Why Join CAST?
The Colorado Association of Ski Towns is a membership organization unlike any other in the U.S. or abroad. It was founded on the premise that mountain resort communities face challenges and issues that are different in scope than those in the larger towns and cities along Colorado’s Front Range. And, because we offer this unique perspective, we have members from Utah, Wyoming and British Columbia.
We meet five times a year to network and share information and listen to speakers and presentations on relevant issues such as water, transportation, affordable housing, tourism, climate change and sustainability, to name a few.
Here are a few of our other benefits you will receive from your membership:
- CAST holds regular meetings four times per year in January, March, August and October, plus our annual meeting and reception in June held during CML’s annual conference. We bring in speakers to present on topics that are relevant to mountain communities whether it be water, transportation, tourism, housing, forest health, etc.
- Engagement in issues of importance to our members. CAST has long been involved in dealing with the impacts that VRBO and Airbnb are having on our mountain communities. A 52-page comprehensive study and best practice guide was commissioned by CAST in 2015 which can be purchased HERE by non-members.
- Sales tax reports – We gather sales tax data from each of our members and compile comparative reports, which are sent quarterly.
- Surveys – Have an issue that you want to know how other counties or municipalities are handling? Send a survey to our members. All survey results are compiled and then shared with everyone.
- Member-to Member Task Force Assistance – CAST will send a team of experts to help our member towns on issues they’re grappling with. For example, Estes Park has housing issues since the floods, so CAST sent a team to do a tour of the town, meet with the mayor, manager, town council, housing authority, etc. and develop a report with suggestions and recommended actions. A copy of the report can be found HERE.
- However, our members say the greatest benefit is the social networking and information sharing that goes on at our meetings and dinners.
To find out if you qualify for membership and to receive an application, please contact: